Last week I traveled to Vegas to attend our annual World Wide Kick-Off, next to the fact that it was an awesome week, I also got to take home a couple of awards. I’ve written this blogpost not to gloat, but because I have to thank a bunch of people as I could not have achieved this without (let’s be honest..) some serious help.
vEXPERT is a VMware program that recognises IT Professionals who are sharing their VMware knowledge and contributing that back to the community. The awards are for individuals, not companies and promotes numerous activities like blogging, book authoring, magazine articles, CloudCred task writing, active in facebook groups, forum (VMTN as well as other non VMware) platforms, public speaking, VMUG leadership, videos and so on.
I received this honorary title on March 7, 2019
The feedback from the program doesn’t specify on which specific activities you were awarded the title. However there are some people who over the course of 2018 either helped me with promotional-work or invited me to promote VMware End-user Computing on their channels. So a special thanks goes out to:
- Johan van Amersfoort who was kind enough to record a couple of light board videos with me on Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon.
- Sander Noordijk and Eric van Klaveren who invited myself and Martin Frederik to their podcast called LoginTechcast to discuss VMworld 18
- The Joep Piscaer and Dennis Hoegen Dijkhof for organising the NL VMUG and giving me the big stage for promoting VMware Horizon.
- The vEUCTechCon leadership team; I was lucky enough to get invited to the vECUTechCon team as a co-founder, and it has been an awesome experience (it still is..) so I’d like to send out a big thanks to; Ton Hermes, Dennis Sigmond, Johan van Amersfoort and Joris Adriaanse
Like other organisations in the world VMware has a President’s Club, this prestigious award is given to the company’s top performers and they are usually treated to a luxurious all-expenses-paid trip and face-time with the executives from the company.
I’ve been selected to join the 2018 President’s Club, off-course this is a huge honour for me. Next month it’ll be 2 years since I’ve joined VMware and it has been an amazing ride so far.
I wouldn’t have reached this without first of all some very cool customers and projects. I am so unbelievably lucky to have met so many great IT Managers, Architects and engineers from a variety of Dutch Customers. I think it proves once again “it ain’t much, if it ain’t Dutch.”
- A special thanks goes out to the two EUC sales specialist; Robert van Schayk (now Director Commercial in the Netherlands) and Martin Frederik. Both gentlemen are exceptionally talented and have played a big role in my success and I want to thank them for providing me with feedback and guidance.
- Next to Robert and Martin I want to thank the rest of the EUC team for welcoming me in. So; Ton Hermes, Bernard Oudoff and Edwin de Ron thank you!
- I’m not closing this list without says thanks to some awesome partners for there level of technical expertise and some truly awesome collaboration so.. Dell Netherlands, ITQ, Fondo, Login Consultants and most recently ConoScenza thank you!
One Team, One Dream Award
The last day of our kickoff held something special in store for me, I won the One Team, One Dream award. This may not seem that big of a deal to the average reader of this post, however this is an award which you have to get voted into by your colleagues and peers. So this is a very special one to me, reading all the nice stuff my colleagues have said is truly something else.
I was awarded the award on March 8, 2019 for my outstanding achievement in 2018 through motivation, inspiration and effective management of a cross-functional team.
So a huge thank you goes out to the Dutch Management Team including Leon de Werker (awesome speech,.. thank you), Boudewijn Aelbers and Ruud Verheul for creating such a flourishing EPIC2 environment. And thank you to Peter de Bruijn, Taco de Muinck Keizer, Martin, Edwin and all others who voted for me in this process.
I’m going to close off.. last week was a crazy one, I am overwhelmed with awards, attention and congratulations.. so I say once more to everybody in this post and to anyone who I might have forgot to mention: